Randolph M. Karsh
Mr. Karsh practices principally in the areas of international and domestic taxation. He is widely experienced in selection and formation of business entities, with a special emphasis on limited liability companies, from their formation and capitalization to their operation and taxation. As part of his practice, Mr. Karsh also counsels clients on complex estate tax planning involving the benefits of multi-generation plans, including “dynasty” trusts, GRATs and asset protection techniques.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Colorado, 1966
- Juris Doctor, University of Denver College of Law, 1969
- LL.M. in Taxation, New York University, 1974
- Representation of nonresident individuals and businesses seeking to relocate or invest in the United States, with a focus on income, gift and estate taxes, entity selection and treaty principles.
- Special Counsel in Residence to Mexico City law firm with respect to United States business entities and United States income tax issues (1995).
- Cross-border business and tax planning and Treaty issues.
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Tax Section (Committee Member)
- Partnerships and LLCs
- Foreign Activities of US Taxpayers
- US Activities of Foreigners and Tax Treaties
- Author of annual chapter in the CBA Colorado Estate Planning Handbook, “Estate, Gift, and Income Taxation of Nonresident Alien Individuals”
- Co-chair of “Earnings Stripping” committee, ABA/Tax Section
- Co-author of “carryover basis” comments submitted to Department of Treasury ABA/Tax Section
- Editor, Denver Law Journal
- Editor, Law & Society Review
- Assistant Editor, TAX LAW REVIEW
- Colorado State Courts, 1970
- United States Tax Court, 1971
- Admitted to bar, Colorado, 1970
- Admitted to bar, El Paso County, 1974
- Highest rating (AV) from Martindale-Hubbell
- Law Clerk to the United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Fluent in Spanish
- Sparks Willson (2011-Present)
- Mulliken, Weiner Karsh Berg & Jolivet (2004-2010)
- Flynn McKenna Wright & Karsh (1996-2003)
- Holland & Hart (1984-2002)
- Barrera, Siqueiros y Torres Landa S.C. , Mexico City (1995)
Kim M. RieckEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org