David P. Steigerwald
Mr. Steigerwald is the managing director of our firm. His practice focuses on business law, including mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, contract negotiations, intellectual property and licensing protection, governance and strategy. David’s clients are located across Colorado in a variety of business sectors, including technology and healthcare.
A Cleveland, Ohio native, David graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 1991. Prior to joining the firm in 1995, David graduated from George Mason University Law School in Washington D.C., where he was a member of the law review and worked at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the Internal Revenue Service.
David is active in a number of professional and community activities. Currently, he is the editor of The Business Law Column at The Colorado Lawyer, and the Board President of Colorado Springs’ classical music and jazz radio stations, KCME and Jazz 93.5.
David and his wife are the proud parents of three children, and spend their time skiing, traveling and enjoying all things triathlon.
- Juris Doctor, George Mason University (1995)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Notre Dame (1991)
Memberships and Affiliations:
- The Foundation for Colorado Springs’ Future
- McKenzie Monks Foundation
- Vice Chair, KCME Board of Directors
- Editor, “The Business Law Column”, The Colorado Lawyer
- Contributing Author, The Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Business Organizations
- Dean’s Scholar, George Mason Law Review
- Colorado State Courts (1995)
- Colorado (1995)
- Law Clerk, Administrative Law Judge Bruce C. Levine, Commodity Futures Trading Commission; Washington, D.C. (1993)
- Economist, IRS/Treasury (1991-1992)
- David serves as Managing Director on the Executive Committee of the firm’s management
- Sparks Willson (1995-Present)