Eric V. Hall
Eric V. Hall joined the firm in July of 2019. Eric’s practice focuses on business litigation, constitutional law, school law, church law, and employment. Eric specializes in complex civil litigation, especially trials and appeals. Eric has extensive experience with both jury and bench trials. He has also briefed and argued dozens of cases to the Colorado Court of Appeals, Colorado Supreme Court, and Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to joining Sparks Willson, Eric was a partner with Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP, where he worked for 18 years. Eric is a native of Colorado Springs. He earned his BA from the College of William and Mary in Virginia, graduating magna cum laude and delivering the valedictory address on behalf of the class of 1991. He earned his MA in 1994 from St. John’s College in Santa Fe, New Mexico. He earned his JD from Notre Dame Law School, graduating summa cum laude in 2000. He clerked for the Honorable David M. Ebel on the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals for one year immediately after law school.
Eric is a member of the El Paso County Bar Association and has served as its President and a Trustee. He was named “Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year” in 2005. He is member of the Ben S. Wendelken Inn of Court, the Colorado Bar Association, the Faculty of Federal Advocates, and the Federalist Society. He served on the Colorado Supreme Court Nominating Committee from 2012 to 2018. He is also a co-founder of Thomas MacLaren School, an award-winning charter school located in Colorado Springs School District 11 serving students in grades K-12.
- Juris Doctor, University of Notre Dame, summa cum laude, 2000
- Master of Arts, St. John’s College, 1994
- Bachelor of Arts, the College of William & Mary, magna cum laude, 1991
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member, El Paso County Bar Association (former President and Trustee)
- Member, Ben S. Wendelken Inn of Court
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Member, The Federalist Society
- Colorado State Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Sparks Willson (2019-Present)
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP (2001-2019)