Ms. Petersen joined the firm in 2020 from St. Louis, Missouri with extensive experience in product liability defense. Julie’s current practice focuses primarily on education law and the representation of nonprofits. She is also a member of the firm’s litigation department.
Julie earned her B.A. in International Relations from Pepperdine University and J.D. from the University of Missouri. Prior to joining Sparks Willson, she clerked for the Illinois Court of Appeals before entering private practice in the greater St. Louis area.
In her time outside of the office, Julie can be found working on her fixer-upper, pushing a cozy coupe around her neighborhood, and enjoying the lack of humidity in Colorado.
- Juris Doctor, The University of Missouri School of Law (2009)
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations – Political Science, Pepperdine University (2005)
Memberships and Affiliations:
- El Paso County Bar Association (2020)
- Colorado Bar Association (2020)
- Illinois Bar Association (2011)
- Iowa Bar Association (2010)
- Missouri Bar Association (2009)
- Colorado State Courts (2020)
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado (2020)
- Illinois State Courts (2011)
- Iowa State Courts (2010; Inactive)
- Missouri State Courts (2009)
- Board of Directors, Sue’s Gift (2020-present)
- Board of Directors, Missouri Veterans Endeavor (2017 – 2019)
- Sparks Willson (2020-Present)
- Tucker Ellis, LLP, St. Louis, Missouri (2016 – 2020)
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz LLP, Edwardsville, Illinois (2015 – 2016)
- Hepler Broom LLP, Edwardsville, Illinois (2012 – 2015)
- Illinois Court of Appeals (2009 – 2012)