Justin’s practice focuses on business litigation. His practice involves the representation of businesses and government entities and spans real property, employment, intellectual property, insurance defense, and contracts litigation. He is admitted to practice in Colorado and New Jersey state courts and Colorado federal courts.
Prior to joining Sparks Willson, Justin served as a criminal prosecutor for over five years. His experience encompasses both state and federal prosecution, including his serving as a Deputy District Attorney for Colorado’s 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office and as an Assistant United States Attorney for the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Colorado. He has prosecuted over fifty jury trials, including several complex and high-profile violent felonies.
Justin is originally from the Greater Boston area of Massachusetts. He earned his J.D. from Boston College Law School and his B.A. from the University of Notre Dame. During law school, he interned for Justice William P. Robinson III of the Rhode Island Supreme Court and now-Chief Judge William B. Bain of the District Court of El Paso County, Colorado. Justin has called Colorado Springs home for over six years and enjoys hiking, traveling, and reading.
- Juris Doctor, Boston College Law School (2016)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Notre Dame (2012)
Memberships and Affiliations:
- El Paso County Bar Association (2022)
- Colorado Bar Association (2022)
- Colorado State Courts (2016)
- New Jersey State Courts (2020)
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado (2018)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit (2018)
- Colorado (2016)
- New Jersey (2020)
- Sparks Willson (2022 – Present)
- Colorado’s 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, Colorado Springs (2016 – 2018, 2019 – 2022)
- U.S. Department of Justice – United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Colorado, Denver (2018 – 2019)
Joan E. Bailey