Scott W. Johnson
Mr. Johnson is a native of Colorado Springs, and attended the University of Denver, receiving a degree in business (1980), and a J.D. (1982). From 1983 through 1996 he practiced with his father, a Colorado lawyer and state court judge, representing businesses, transactional work, wills and estates and personal injury suits.
Upon joining the firm in December of 1996 Scott worked closely with Ken Sparks, the firm’s founder, in a practice that consisted almost entirely of litigation. Since that time, Scott’s practice has consisted of a broad selection of civil litigation and trial work, including such topics as copyright/trade secrets, and estate / trust litigation. Although Scott and his colleagues in the litigation practice are fully able to try (or arbitrate) disputes, the goal of each representation is dispute resolution.
Scott and his wife have two adult children. Scott serves on the firm’s management committee and enjoys motorcycling, boating and skiing.
- Juris Doctor, University of Denver College of Law (1982)
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, University of Denver (1980)
- Colorado State Courts (1983)
- United States District Court; Colorado (1983)
- United States Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit (1983)
- Colorado (1983)
- Scott serves on the Executive Committee of the firm’s management.
- Sparks Willson (1996-Present)