Steven R. Ogle
Mr. Ogle’s practice focuses on estate planning and administration, and for-profit and nonprofit business representation.
Steve is a member of our business law group and our tax group. He advises family businesses and startups at every stage, from formation and securities offerings, to exits and succession planning. His work with nonprofits extends from formation and obtaining federal tax-exempt status to advising operational public charities and private foundations.
Steve takes pride in emphasizing clarity and client understanding for both his business clients and individuals.
In his free time, Steve enjoys rock climbing and long trail runs in Colorado’s backcountry and wilderness. His favorite run is the Four Pass Loop, a 27-mile loop around the Maroon Bells. He also occasionally tries to paint.
- LL.M. in Taxation, University of Denver (2008)
- Juris Doctor, Saint Louis University (2007)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Kansas (2003)
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Board of Directors, Greccio Housing
- Grant Advisor, ClimbFund
- Practice Advisor, Pikes Peak Community Foundation
- Member, Colorado Springs Estate Planning Council
- Member, El Paso County Bar Association Probate Section
- Presenter, Colorado Springs Small Business Development Center
- Colorado State Courts (2007)
- United States Tax Court (2008)
- Colorado (2007)
- Co-Author, United States Income, Estate and Gift Taxation of Nonresident Alien Individuals, Colorado Estate Planning Handbook
- Sparks Willson (2011-Present)
- Mulliken Weiner Karsh Berg & Jolivet, P.C. (2008-2011)