Thom came to Sparks Willson in 2014 as a legal assistant, having worked in a variety of fields, including liquor licensing, human resources, and the local government sector. He supports both attorneys and paralegals at Sparks Willson in corporate law and intellectual property, as well as assisting with business litigation, estate planning, and education law matters. Thom also maintains the law firm library and provides minor technical assistance firm wide. In 2023, he completed his paralegal certificate through UC Berkeley Extension to enhance his skills.
When not at the office, Thom is the Head Verger of Grace and St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, sings with the Taylor Memorial Choir and Opera Theater of the Rockies, and encourages civic involvement through public writing and mentorship. He is also an avid cook and plant dad with a passion for the natural world and history.
- Paralegal Certificate Program, UC Berkeley Extension (2023)
- Education for Ministry Certificate and Mentorship Program, The University of the South School of Theology (2017)
- Bachelor of Arts Historical Studies, Covenant College (2000)
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Fellow, Vergers Guild of the Episcopal Church
- Notary Public, State of Colorado
- Sparks Willson (2014-Present)
- Office, Human Resource, and Warehouse Manager, ServiceMaster Clean DR (2011-2014)
- Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners Technician, El Paso County Clerk and Recorder (2001-2010)
- Clerk, El Paso County Board of Equalization (1997, 1999, 2001)