William J. Robers
Mr. Robers grew up in southern Wisconsin, earning his undergraduate degree from Marquette University. While earning his MBA from Carlson School of Management, Bill also earned honors from the University of Minnesota Law School with his Juris Doctor.
His practice emphasizes the representation of companies as outside general counsel, while specializing in the representation of sports entities, athletes and coaches. In addition, Bill assists clients with protecting their valuable intellectual property through copyright and trademark protection and enforcement.
When not in the office, you may find Bill in stripes, as a NCAA Division I football official. He also teaches Sports Law to students in the Sports Management Program in the College of Business at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, and is an active member of Colorado Springs Rotary.
- Juris Doctor, with honors, University of Minnesota Law School (2001)
- Masters of Business Administration, cum laude, Carlson School of Management (2001)
- Bachelor of Science, cum laude, Marquette University (1997)
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member, Sports Lawyers Association
- Member, American Bar Association Section on Entertainment and Sports
- Member, Colorado Springs Rotary
- Colorado Springs Business Journal
- Sports Litigation Alert
- Colorado State Courts (2008)
- California State Courts (2001)
- Central District of California Federal Courts (2001)
- Colorado (2008)
- California (2001)
- Sparks Willson (2009-Present)
- Holme Roberts & Owen, LLP (now Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner) (2008-2009)
- Robers Management Group; Orange County, California (2006-2008)
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP; Los Angeles, California (2001-2006)